The first documentary reference is dated back in 1093 and was made by the palatinate-earl Heinrich II. In 1471 Elsa von Brohl granted the archbishop a livetime opening-right to Castle Brohl. After Elsas death the heritage was divided upon the families Winneburg, von Elz and von Braunsberg. French Troops destroyed the Castle with fire in 1689. In 1709/10 the Castle was rebuild. At the Start of the 19th Century Ferdinand von Bourscheid constructed a stonewall around the rocky hills of Castle Burgbrohl, which enabled the wonderful parks and garden.
1836 P. Menn from Koblenz acquired the Castle, which he selled to Major Decker in 1838. Major Decker again ceded the Castle to Rector a.D. Ewich. Subsequently the Castle changed his owner until the late 1960s, including usage as a monastery for a man order. 1985 the austrian Artist Gottfried Helnwein buyed the estate and started to restore the Castle and the gardens recording to the original construction plans. He then lived and worked at Castle Burgbrohl until 2006, when sold it to a viennese Businessman.
The businessman Andreas Weber acquired the property in 2009. The castle terrace was completely redesigned and planned in 2010. It is so popular with the guests that it is continuously being developed and extended. Furthermore it has become something of an institution for young and old with a varied menu and rustic, cosy atmosphere where families, hikers and cyclists like to meet.
In 2018 the HEUFT family of entrepreneurs with Alexandra Heuft and Bastian Heuft acquired the Schlosshotel in order to strengthen the regional location and combine tradition with modernity as well as regionality with globality.